Monday, November 12, 2012

Some thoughts

Ugh, haven't posted in a while...again. It seems the more I have to say, the less I want to say it. I could claim that I'm keeping really busy, and that is the truth lately, but I still spend loads of time staring at my computer screen and could totally write more blog posts.

Some thoughts:
  • Em's boyfriend has moved into our flat, so we're now a nice cozy group of four. He's really nice and funny and very energetic. He's the type of person who wakes up at 6:30 on his days off (i.e. crazy person).
  • Those socks I wanted from Cath Kidston: Carina sent them to me all the way from England cuz she's the bestest! She bought and sent them the weekend before moving to Malawi. If I was moving to Africa indefinitely, buying socks for a silly friend would be low on my priority list, but like I said, she's the bestest!
  • I cleaned and examined my new sewing machine, and cleared off my desk and have it on display there, but still haven't worked up the nerve to figure out how the darn thing works. Baby steps.
  • I have new friends! They're from my Social Crafters group. Awesome!
  • My new friend, Kimberly, who's American, gave me an old bike. Yay, new bike!
  • Hugh found a cuter, vintagey bike on ebay and bought it for me. Yay, second new bike!
  • Pinterest does not like my blog layout. I quite like the layout, but it does make posts without photos look really boring, and so I end up not posting about things I don't have a photo for (egs. exciting events that I participated in but didn't photograph). And yeah, Pinterest won't let me pin my posts/photos because it can't recognise them. Now, I don't really think many of my posts are Pinterest-worthy, but I'd like to have the option to pin (particularly for pretty mail). So yeah. I think I'm going to have to go back to a more standard (read: boring) layout. I'm delaying this because it'll require me putting a bit of effort into a background photo, or an eye-catching header, or something. As I know nothing about graphic design, or html, or art, or even drawing, this might not turn out well.

That is all for now. Hugh wanted me to say, "Hughie says 'hi.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment