Sunday, December 02, 2007

SNOW?!?

GAAHHH!!! I'm supposed to MOVE today!! Who gave permission for it to snow?

I friggin' love snow. LOVE it. This has to be the first time in my life that I'm unhappy to see snow that is sticking. I mean, snow NEVER sticks, here. It always melts as soon as it hits the ground (which is usually wet from rain). But on the day I'm supposed to move, it snows and sticks.

Granted, it's probably less than an inch (so far! it's still going strong), which would be a joke to Midwesterners. But this city all but shuts down for half an inch. Probably has something to do with the fact that the Midwest is flat, and we are nothing but large hills around here. As icing on this snowy cake, my tires are nearly bald and I haven't had the money to get new ones. Yay for driving in snow with no traction! I think I must have done something to upset The Big Man Upstairs.

On the other hand, it's so pretty! I really do love snow. Everyone else in this city hates it, which I've never understood. They're all Grinches. I guess now I'm a Grinch, too.

I'm moving to the city, and I'm REALLY excited, but I'm also nervous in a "girl who has lived her whole life in suburbs" sort of way. Seriously, I'm 25 years old and I've only ever lived in suburbs (even in France), except for a three-month period when I lived in a tiny town on an island (three bars, two grocery stores, one bank, no fast-food chains). Actually, I didn't even live in the tiny town; I lived just outside of it. Basically, I'm totally soft. Should be fun! I should probably try to get comfortable living in a relatively safe city before I up and move to London, right? I thought so.

Oh, it stopped snowing! (for the moment) Maybe it'll all melt in a couple hours! (I can't believe I just said that...)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, Scrooge, for jinxing the snow. Now it's all melted. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that, "as icing on this snowy cake."

    And you're wayyyy too beautiful to be either Scrooge or the Grinch :)

    ReplyDelete