Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Craigslist rocks!

Dude! I just made forty bucks!

I've tried selling stuff on craigslist before, but I've thus far failed miserably (one lady expressed lots of interest, then stopped responding to my emails when I asked when she wanted to pick up, another lady thought I lived in Washington, D.C., and another came to pick up, but my phone didn't ring so I had no idea she was there.) But I just sold my Game Boy Micro for $40! The best part is that Ross gave that to me, so I didn't even spend any money on it in the first place. (I also previously made money on the Nintendo DS he gave me. It's clear that I don't much care for video games, but I sure like selling them!) Thanks, Ross!

In other news, I've started filling out my application for a VISA!!! but I still haven't received an official letter from my lender. They were slow to send the letter for the Stafford loan, too. Jerks. Don't they know I'm crunched for time? I can't apply for the visa without it. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and harass them.

Random pic:


Soap residue on a jar of microcentrifuge tubes

5 comments:

  1. Remember how we drove down to San Francisco to get our visas for France? And it was, what, the day before we had to have them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, definitely call and harrass them. Government workers LOVE being harrassed. It's good for them. Keeps 'em in line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And whatever you do, DON'T WORRY. Worry will only make them go slower or may make them decide to accidently throw away your loan application altogether. So, whatever you do, DON'T WORRY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude! Nicely done selling something successfully on craigslist. As you know, I have no patience for flakes.
    "Oh, I'll come by this afternoon to buy your stuff."
    "Really? Well, if you're not here by 2:30, I'm going to sell it to someone else."
    "But what if I'm running late?"
    "Then I guess you'll have to buy discounted steak knives somewhere else."
    Boom!
    Oh, the visa thing? The worst thing that can happen is you don't get a visa and they kick you out of Britain for, like, ever. And they purposely put you on a terrorist watch list. That would be bad.

    ReplyDelete