Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mail Project #2



I think I've mentioned before, I wrote my handsome a letter and I'm SUPER pleased with the way it turned out. I used a (free!) Powell's Books store map that I picked up while in Portland with Emily and Sara. The map is really cool to begin with, so I didn't want to cover over it with opaque paper to write the letter. I was looking around my room for a solution when I noticed that I had some white tissue paper from a clothing purchase I made. I glue-stick'd them down in a sort of checkerboard pattern, and voila! Perfect! It let the cool illustrations come through while still showing all my silly thoughts on paper.







I also finally figured out an envelope for Aparna's Portland-themed letter, shown earlier. Again, I used a map, again from Portland, and again free! I taped it shut with electrical tape from my dad's tool closet which happened to match the color scheme of the map.



No comments:

Post a Comment