Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thoughts on money

I used to have a green wallet from Fossil that I loved. It had a pineapple embroidered into it. It got stolen when I was in Africa, so I replaced it with another green wallet from Fossil. No pineapple on this one, but it has very pretty details that I love, and is lined with a tropical fabric that makes me think of Hawaii. I love it almost as much as my pineapple wallet, but it has one minor flaw. I have to fold my money in half twice to put it in the wallet. I don't mind this, but I woke up one morning and thought to myself:

Australia has plastic money. I don't know how flexible plastic money is. Am I going to have to buy a new wallet? Because that might be a deal breaker!

Hugh set my mind at ease, informing me (with no small amount of derision in his tone) that plastic money folds just like normal money and I won't need to buy a new wallet. Phew! That's a relief.

1 comment:

  1. As an aside, the pineapple is an old symbol for hospitality, and it's appearance on old pieces of furniture usually indicates they were originally made for public houses....

    But yes plastic money is super tough! Xx

    ReplyDelete