Monday, March 03, 2014

we're in Adelaide!

It is my darling boyfriend's 30th birthday! Happy birthday, Handsome! Since it is also his twin sister's 30th (funny how that works!), we arranged to go to Radelaide for the weekend.

It is really good to be back in Adelaide. I felt this way when we came back for Christmas, too, and I can't figure out if I just prefer Adelaide when I'm visiting short term, or if I'm only loving it because the weather is gorgeous, or if I'd actually like to move back here. It's beside the point, really, since we have no plans currently to move back here. There are no whisky distilleries in Adelaide! Yet.

Yesterday, we had lunch at Penfolds' Magill Estate. I know I'm prone to exaggeration, but the food was AMAZING. We had a five-course set menu, and there was pork belly with macademia and a creamy brown sauce, oil-poached trout that didn't have a hint of fishiness, and melt-in-your-mouth wagyu beef. The portions were small, so no one left feeling overstuffed. It was impeccable. Hugh picked a Shiraz from 1984, which was apparently a bad year for wine, but it was still really nice and smooth. I quite enjoyed it, though Hugh thought it was "past its prime." Let's hope the same is not true of boys born in 1984!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Love the last sentence :-)

    woodsong

    ReplyDelete