Monday, March 31, 2014

my handsome haberdasher

One day, we went to the local craft superstore to get some jeans fabric to patch up Hugh's favorite pair of jeans, which were going a bit see-through in the crotchal region. He bought half a metre, which was way more than he needed, so after he patched up his jeans, he decided to make a skirt. Two hours later, I had a new wrap skirt! How crazy is that? How did I land myself such a talented man?


He didn't use a pattern or anything. He just winged it. And it's not a simple rectangle of fabric, wrapped around my waist. It has shaping and detailing and a hole to thread the side-tie through! I love it.



2 comments:

  1. Awesome! It's cute! I need a denim skirt...hm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He makes a mean nacho plate as well! Lucky girl.

    --woodsong

    ReplyDelete