Thursday, November 02, 2006

Daylight Savings Rocks My World

This one’s gonna be a doozy, ‘cuz I have lots of photos to post.

This morning on my way to work, I saw a Budweiser truck that said “Responsibility Matters.” What kind of lame motto is that? Does that even mean anything? Responsibility matters? They direct you to a website if you want more information (like, perhaps an explanation for their useless motto): www.beeresponsible.com. Haha! Get it? Beer responsible! Hahaha!

Sunday was daylight savings, which I totally profited from, like, three times over! I so rock! Either that or I’m really dumb. I took advantage of the extra hour of sleep on Sunday morning, and then some, because I skipped church. Then on Sunday night, I went to bed at 9:30, and woke up when my alarm clock went off at 6:30 the next morning. I got out of bed really quickly, within five minutes of my alarm going off. It usually takes 10-20 minutes for me to drag myself out of bed and turn my alarm off. I put my contacts in, brushed my teeth, and wandered upstairs. My step-mom was brushing her teeth, which struck me as odd because she and my dad always leave the house before I wake up. She looked at me with concern and asked, “Did we wake you up?” “No,” I replied. “This is when I normally wake up.” It was in the middle of that sentence that I realized I had never set my clocks back. It was really only 5:30, and I had another hour before I had to wake up. Then I realized that I hadn’t really gone to bed at 9:30 the night before; I had gone to bed at 8:30. The great thing about idiopathic hypersomnia is that I had no problem falling asleep again, despite the fact that I had already slept for 9 hours.


Okay, to start off, photos of loved ones doing odd things:

John showing off his awesome chest hair



Jody


Shopping for a Halloween costume,
Emily discovers the most
awesome pants ever created




I could be a Who for Halloween


I carved pumpkins up the yin yang this past week, with squashy slaughterings on Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday. It sucked my creativity dry! (I don't have much to begin with.)

Okay, photo loading is taking far too long, and I am a lazy little thing, so pumpkin murders will be posted tomorrow. I wish I could say it'll be worth the wait, but even I'm not convinced. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know whether I should be embarrassed from my strange pose in that photo or the lack of chest hair.
    :)

    ReplyDelete