Sunday, January 10, 2010

9 Jan: Fondue!

For her birthday a year and a half ago, someone gave Carina a huge wheel of gruyere. Well actually, they didn't give the cheese then, they gave her the gift of the cheese-making process. Or something like that. They made the cheese for her, and shipped it to her on Saturday. Since it was massive (bigger than your head!) and smelly, she decided to get rid of it as soon as possible. This called for a big fondue party! She says she went from 10kg to 4kg, so I think that was pretty successful. She made us all drink lots of red wine to aid in the digestion, but I ended up being quite tipsy and still getting a stomach ache. It was worth it, though.

Carina didn't quite follow the recipe for the first batch, because it called for corn starch and she didn't know what that was. As a result, it wasn't stringy at all, just quite liquidy. Still delicious, though. She added corn starch for the second batch and it was parfait! This is the lumpy-looking first batch.


After the fondue party, I headed to my flatmates birthday party at a bar in Islington. I invited James and Simon along and we had fun dancing. I think I'm seriously addicted to these boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment