Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Croydon Store

We live about a mile away from Queen Street, a little street with a few really cool cafes and shops. Em and James once took me to the Red Door Cafe, which had loads of little pastries and what looked like some really tasty lamb sausage rolls. I headed up there for Saturday brunch and to read a magazine, but the Red Door Cafe was, as usual, overflowing with customers. So I crossed the road to the Croydon Store, which used to be a little mercantile type shop, but is now a cool diner.


I settled into some comfy green leather couches tucked into the vitrine and very, very much enjoyed The Energiser Bagel. It had honey, cinnamon, banana, walnuts, and cream cheese. I was proud of myself for not getting a bacon sandwich, and my tastebuds were not disappointed despite the fact that it was what could be considered somewhat healthy. I'll be back for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment