Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My first softball game

I told Hugh not to pay my softball fees yet because, after my first practice last Wednesday, I wasn't sure I still wanted to play. I'm so bad!! At least as bad as I was when I was 11, if not worse. I told him I would play in the game on Sunday and then decide.

It was fun. The team I'm on is...not hugely better than I am. So it's all good! I don't feel like the weakest player on the team! I might be tied for worst, but that's something.

The field was pretty muddy, particularly behind the second baseline, where I was stationed. Our coach said there would be an award for whoever was dirtiest at the end of the game, and I thought to myself, I'm perfectly happy to leave that award to someone else. The ball came near me and as I ran to grab it, I somehow fell feet over head in the mud and ended up rolling towards first base so that almost every part of my body was covered in mud. Oops. Hugh said he was really proud of me, though, because even though I was a bit surprised to find myself on the ground, and soaking and covered in mud, I made sure to chuck the ball as best I could towards first base. It didn't make a difference, the runner was still safe, but I think I earned an A for Effort.

My prize for being the dirtiest was that I got to ride the tram home covered in mud. Yaaay!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I wish I had a picture of that!!

    <3 woodsong

    ReplyDelete